Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Eat Me: Okay, I will

I hope you're reading this, Kenny Shopsin. Do you have a Google Alert set up with your name? Awesome. Your coleslaw recipe sucks. A full tablespoon of salt for half a head of cabbage? Are you fucking with us?

I'm not generally a profane person, but 

a. Kenny Shopsin is, and I spent three hours last night rereading his fantastically entertaining book.

b. He ruined my coleslaw.

I halfway rescued the coleslaw by adding more cabbage and gobs more mayonnaise, then moved on to the Gulf Pride sandwiches. (That picture up top? Intentionally ugly a la Eat Me, which is full of grubby snapshots, food-styling courtesy of a chimp. Which I kind of love.)

The Gulf Pride sandwiches involve cheesy garlic bread (incredibly delicious)

topped with spicy shrimp


plus chunks of avocado. Tasty, but not as tasty as my fried-green tomato sandwich. I'm just saying.

But here's the kicker. I had a few big glasses of red wine last night and what with the wine and the supersalty coleslaw, I woke up at midnight with a bit of a thirst.

So, I made one of Shopsin's egg creams. Drank it down. Made another. Worth the price of the book. 


2 comments:

  1. I hope Mr. Kenny Shopsin gets this alert. What kind of a name is Egg Creams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ابي رقم سباك بالرياض ابي رقم سباك بالرياض
    ارقام سباكين بالرياض ارقام سباكين بالرياض
    سباك ممتاز شرق الرياض سباك ممتاز شرق الرياض
    رقم سباك في الرياض رقم سباك في الرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه شمال الرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه شمال الرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه شرق الرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه شرق الرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه شرق الرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه شرق الرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه غرب الرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه غرب الرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه جنوب الرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه جنوب الرياض
    كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض دليل المنزل كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض دليل المنزل
    اسعار كشف تسرب المياه اسعار كشف تسربات المياه

    كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض عماله فلبينيه كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض عماله فلبينيه
    كشفجهاز كشف التسربات المياه جهاز كشف التسربات المياه
    افضل شركة كسف تسربات المياه دليل افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض دليل
    شركات الكشف عن تسربات المياه بالرياض شركات الكشف عن تسربات المياه بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض

    ReplyDelete